Sometimes you just don’t want to snack on veggie sticks, but you still want the benefits they provide. Turns out you can have your cake and eat it too. The “surprise” part of these energy bites are the pHresh greens. I buy mine through vitacost, and they are well worth the investment.
- 7 tbsp almond or peanut butter
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 c cacao powder
- 2 tbsp pHresh greens
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
- Combine all ingredients until they form a dough like texture. Add 1 tbsp of water if needed.
- Form into small balls (this recipe makes about 15) and store in an airtight container in the fridge. They’ll keep for up to three days.
HOW WE’VE ENJOYED THIS DISH:
- Rolled in coconut flakes.
- As breakfast with a cup of yogurt.
- As breakfast with a cup of fresh fruit.
- As breakfast with a side of oatmeal.