When I tell people that we eat a largely plant-based diet, the most common follow-up question I get is, “What exactly can you eat?” Ask any vegetarian and they’ll tell you life doesn’t have to be boring! Vegetables can be delicious, and this recipe proves it.
- 1/2 c sriracha or homemade hot sauce of choice
- 1/4 c coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp tbsp honey or agave
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s vegetable stir fry
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 c (gluten free) all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 c avocado oil
- cilantro for garnish (optional)
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- In a small pot, combine sauce ingredients over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper (if using) into a shallow bowl. Your eggs should be in a second shallow bowl.
- Pour avocado oil into a large frying pan and heat on medium-high.
- Working with a few pieces at a time, dredge the cauliflower first into the egg and then into the flour mixture, shaking off excess after each phase of dredging. Drop cauliflower into the pan and fry for 1-2 minutes, rotating until cooked through. Place cooked cauliflower on a plate lined with a paper towel to cool. Repeat this process until all cauliflower is prepared.
- Dispose of excess oil and wipe out the pan. Then follow the directions on the vegetable stir fry package.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour the sauce over cauliflower pieces. Serve cauliflower over a bed of rice, garnishing with cilantro and sesame seeds as desired.
How We’ve Enjoyed This Meal:
- Over a bed of cilantro lime brown rice (1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped combined with juice of 1 lime and 2 c cooked brown rice).