I had a taste for my grandmother’s simple zucchini and eggs and what better way to fill a meal planning spot than with a simple recipe, right? But zucchini isn’t exactly in season, so I got creative and let seasonal veggies be my guide. The best part? Hands on time is less than 15 minutes. 😎
- 3-4 eggs
- 1.5 lb butternut squash
- 1/2 c onion, chopped (sweet or yellow depending on preference)
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- dash of cayenne (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat (or grease the pan) and preheat to 400 degrees.
- Chop butternut squash to 1 inch pieces.
- Toss butternut squash in a large bowl with 2 tsp avocado oil, cumin, coriander, cayenne, and salt. Spread evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for ten minutes.
- During the last five minutes of baking, heat a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add avocado oil and onions until onions begin to sweat. (2-3 minutes)
- Beat eggs, add salt and pepper to taste, and pour eggs into frying pan, stirring until eggs are scrambled and cook through.
- Pour butternut squash over egg mixture and enjoy!
How we’ve enjoyed this dish:
- Prepared a double batch for breakfasts for the week.
- Add black beans to the recipe above (don’t forget to increase the seasoning!) and serve with a kale side salad complete with sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and walnuts.