I originally found this recipe for Vegan Pumpkin Mac n Cheese from Kale Me Maybe’s Instagram profile and was excited because it featured two of my favorite things: Pumpkin & Pasta. Unfortunately, when I made her version (I’m not the strongest cook out there 😆), my husband and I found it bland, so I doctored it up a bit in order to punch up the flavor. Now, it’s in our regular rotation.
I should add, neither my husband or I are vegan, and we STILL love this dish!
Check out the original recipe here for all the details (you’ll just add seasoning and Dijon mustard with the drained pasta and nutritional yeast as originally indicated), but below you’ll find my amended ingredient list:
Serves: 4 (with side dishes)
For the seasoning (yields 1/4 c):
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
For the pasta:
- 8 oz (gluten free) pasta shells
- 1 c pumpkin puree
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/4 c nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp vegetable broth (this is my favorite, flavorful recipe)
- 1/2 – 1 tsp seasoning (listed above)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
How We’ve Enjoyed This Meal:
- Vegan Pumpkin Mac a side salad of cabbage, romaine, carrots, sunflower meats, and sliced almonds.
- Vegan Pumpkin Mac with a side of steamed broccoli and seasoned with seasoning recipe listed above.