Being new to this gluten-free lifestyle left me re-evaluating every meal I eat. Because my life seems to be jam packed from the moment I wake until the second I sleep, meals in our house have to be EASY which is why I’m such a huge fan of this one. Grab a bunch of mason jars, and you can meal prep breakfast for the whole week in 10 minutes flat.
This particular version came about because we ran out of milk mid meal prep, so I just subbed in fruit puree for the milk. I’m a huge fan because it takes the guess work out of sweetening the oats; they’re already naturally sweetened! As long as you have equal parts liquid to oats, you can’t go wrong, so experiment with your milk to fruit puree ratio
- 3/4 c fresh or frozen strawberries
- Milk of choice
- 1/2 c old fashioned rolled oats (labeled gluten free if you’re in the same boat as me!)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Toppings of choice: chopped fruit, nuts, and seeds are my go to’s
- Grab a container that can hold all your ingredients; I prefer mason jars because the measurements are listed on the side.
- Pour oats and chia seeds into container.
- Puree fruit in blender until smooth then pour over oats.
- Add additional milk to ensure oats are covered in liquid.
- Top with your favorite ingredients.
- Refrigerate overnight for up to five days.
- When ready to eat, enjoy cold or reheated.
How we’ve enjoyed this meal:
- Substituting the regular milk (I typically use almond or oat) for chocolate milk or coconut milk.
- Trade out strawberries for any “juicy” fruit — blueberries, raspberries, or mangoes are our favorite)
- Our favorite toppings often include but are not limited to: coconut flakes, hemp seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, banana slices, chocolate chips, and toasted slivered almonds.