Whether you’re in need of a new snack or an addition to your favorite bowl, this chickpea recipe will not disappoint.
Having gotten hooked on Trader Joe’s ranch flavored roasted chickpeas, I was on the quest for a healthier, version without any mysterious ingredients. (What exactly are “natural flavors” anyway? 🤔) Plus there’s something so satisfying about making the snack yourself, isn’t there? Well, when you have the time that is…
This version is also vegan unlike the TJs brand. (No shade to TJs of course. I still ❤️ them!)⠀
SERVES: 1-2 as a snack or 3-4 as a component of a meal
- 15 oz can of chickpeas
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Dash of cayenne (optional; omit/limit for Pitta body types/imbalances)
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Drain and dry chickpeas. Then combine in a bowl with olive oil and seasonings until evenly coated.
- On parchment lined baking sheet, spread chickpeas in a single layer. Bake for 30-45 minutes until desired texture is achieved.
HOW WE’VE ENJOYED THIS DISH:
- Prepared on its own as a between meal snack.
- Made for dinner with our favorite veggies/protein (try this recipe and sub in the seasonings I’ve listed to change things up!).
Need a more concrete recipe? Google “chickpea Buddha bowl” and a dozen drool worthy recipes will pop up. My sister and I really loved this Sweet Potato Chickpea Buddha bowl recipe. It’s a perfect dinner for a cool spring or fall evening. 😋