Keepin’ the simple recipes comin’ this week with this smoothie recipe that is great as a breakfast component or snack.
I love it because it features blueberries, an antioxidant superfood that helps to keep our brains feeling clear and fresh because antioxidants stimulate the flow of blood and oxygen to your brain. As a bonus, antioxidants are believed to prevent disease by fighting free radicals in the body, and free radicals form every time the body undergoes stress — stress from foods that don’t agree with our bodies, toxins in the environment, physical stress we place upon our bodies and minds, or stress from aging. So why not sip your stress away?
- 1 c blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 5 oz. container greek yogurt of choice (plain, vanilla, blueberry, strawberry etc. — you decide!)
- ¾ c milk of choice
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground flaxseeds
- Combine all ingredients until fully blended and enjoy!
How We’ve Enjoyed This Meal:
- By itself as a snack
- Alongside a half a cup of oatmeal
- Alongside a cup of cauliflower grits